2021 Mentorship Program One-On-One Schedule
Mentoring is a relationship between two people with the goal of professional and personal development. The "Mentor" is an experienced individual who shares knowledge, experience, and advice with a less experienced person, known as the “mentee."
Mentors become trusted advisers and role models – people who have "been there" and "done that." They support and encourage their mentees by offering suggestions and knowledge, both general and specific.
A mentoring partnership may be between two people within the same company, the same industry, or the same networking organization. However the partners come together, the relationship should be based on generally mutual trust and respect, and it typically offers personal and professional advantages for both parties. The primary purpose of the Mentoring Program is to lead individuals into their destiny by equipping them with strategy skills. Mentees are shown how to maintain levels of Commitment, Motivation, Inspiration and Excellence.
CLASS TIME SATURDAY 10 AM - 12 NOON
LEVEL 1 - 6 Weeks
Each Mentee will be assigned one of the following from your Enrollment form:
3) Counselor Professional
Mentoring promotes positive social attitudes and builds up single and married relationships. The goal is
to help mentees improve their life skills and directing them to advance in their careers. Ultimately, mentoring
connects mentees to personal growth, development, social and economic opportunities. In addition, to bring
a balance in the workplace, home, and church.
Mentoring and Other Professional Relationships
The Trainer, Coach, and Counselor Professionals can all help you learn and grow professionally. Mentoring is a unique combination of all of these.
• Trainer help you learn and develop specific skills and knowledge. They typically set the topic, pace, goals
and learning method. When training is achieved, an individual has all the skills and knowledge needed
to perform. Performance may include task-related activities (such as learning how to balance a budget or
whatever the subject matter), and process-related activities (learning how to effectively operate as a Team.)
Training is a method of instruction, help learners to:
1. 1 acquire new information, techniques, and skills
2. increase knowledge
3. clarify attitudes, beliefs, and/or behaviors
4. practice skills
5. improve existing skills
6. implement any learning achieved.
Mentoring, however, can be tailored to your needs. While training is often best suited for gaining knowledge
and skills, mentoring can also help you develop personal qualities and competencies.
• Coach helps you to explore where you are in your career, where you want to go, and how you might get
there. A coach will also support you in taking action to move towards your goal. Coaching can be defined
as a personal and confidential learning process.
It is designed to result in effective action, improved performance, and personal growth. The individual is
challenged to improve in their personal life, workplace or church-related business bringing results for the
Coaching is highly more personalized in two ways:
1. It is individualized, recognizing that no two people are alike and is based upon the theory that each person
has a unique knowledge base and learning pace and styles; therefore, participants progress at their
2. Coaching is the appropriate forum for personal feedback of both strengths and weaknesses.
• Counselor Professional is a professional relationship that empowers diverse individuals to accomplish
education and career goals. The Counselors work with Mentees on strategies to overcome obstacles and
personal challenges that they are facing. It requires a strong desire to interact with people, exceptional
communication skills and an ability to complete a graduate degree or a vocational skill.
Benefits to the Mentor
Becoming a Mentor can enrich your life on a personal and professional level by helping you do the following:
•Build your leadership skills – It helps you develop your ability to motivate and encourage others. This can help you become a better manager, employee, and team member.
• Improve your communication skills – Because your mentee may come from a different background or environment, the two of you may not "speak the same language.”
Mentor Cynthia Dunham
• Learn new perspectives – By working with someone less experienced and from a different background, you can gain a fresh perspective on things and learn a new way of thinking – which can help in your work life as well as your personal life.
• Advance your career – Refining your leadership skills can strengthen your on-the-job performance.
Gain personal satisfaction – It can be very personally fulfilling to know that you've directly contributed to someone's growth and development.
Mentor Victoria Thrasher
Benefits to the Mentee
A trusted Mentor can help you do the following:
• Gain valuable advice – Mentors can offer valuable insight into what takes to get ahead. They can be your guide and "sounding board" for ideas, helping you decide on the best course of action in difficult situations.
• Develop your knowledge and skills – They can help you identify the skills and expertise you need to succeed. They may teach you what you need to know or advise you on where to go to obtain the information. Note you are not limited.
• Learn new perspectives – Again, you can learn new ways of thinking from your mentor, just as your mentor can learn from you.
• Build your network – Your mentor can offer an opportunity to expand your existing network of personal and professional contacts.
• Advance your career – A mentor helps you stay focus and on track in your career through advice, skill development and networking.
Mentorship Connection - Circle of Love and Support
The Mentorship program is designed to aggressively pull you up in your performance. Therefore, the Grade rating will only be Passed or Failed. Participation is highly recommended to assist in the Grade rating. Special Projects are assigned to engaged everyone to work as a Team.
Luncheon and Fashion Show Production was given by the Mentees. This project was designed for creative skills and organization-How to do a Special Event. A strong technique in building confidence. Planning and follow-through was their main challenge.
Mentorship Graduation Classes
Messiah Mentorship Program One on One
Empowering Women To Become Greater In Their Skills To Maximize Full Potential
Min. Danita Harris
News Channel 5’s Danita Harris is currently anchoring Live on Five and NewsChannel 6 at 11pm. Danita strongly believes in community service. Her favorite quote is, “To whom much is given, much is required.” She is married to Pastor Brad Pratt, The two of them have started a church called “Fresh Wind Ministry” to help encourage people to live spiritually healthy lives where they both Pastor together.
Pastor Bettye Peck
She is the founder of Wholly Whole Ministries where the primary objective is to bring deliverance to individual with damaged emotions through specifically designed workshops. She serves in Pulpit Pastor and a Team Pastor providing Pastoral Careat Messiah International Ministries under the leadership of Apostles Harold and Phyllis Carter.
Cleveland’s own finest Eight-time Emmy Award winner Romona Robinson-TV news anchor for channel 1 9 . Speaking to woman who are serious moving towards your “Purpose.” Romona is one of the most respected and admired journalists in Northeast Ohio and was inducted into The Press Club of Cleveland's Journalism Hall of Fame in 2016.
Dr. Yvonne Pointer
Yvonne is the co-founder of P.A.C.K (Parents Against Child Killing), the founder of Positive P l u s W o m e n ' s S u p p o r t Group which is funded by the United Black Fund of Greater Cleveland Inc., an active member of P.O.M.C. (Parents of Murdered Children), and a mentor in the Cleveland City Schools.